Germany's Andre Greipel of the Omega Pharma team won the second stage of the Tour of Belgium on Thursday to take the leader's jersey from Dutchman Lieuwe Westra. Greipel won a sprint finish ahead of Dutch rider Kenny van Hummel with Belgian Maxime Vantomme in third and Tom Boonen fourth. In the overall standings, Greipel has a two-second lead on Belgian Philippe Gilbert. Friday's third stage is over 188km from Knokke to Ypres.
Tour of Belgium Stage 2
1. Andre Greipel (GER) Omega Pharma 3:38:14
2. Kenny van Hummel (NED) @ s.t.
3. Maxime Vantomme (BEL)
4. Tom Boonen (BEL)
5. Nikolai Trusov (RUS)
General Classification After Stage 2
1. Andre Greipel (GER) Omega Pharma 3:44:49
2. Philippe Gilbert (BEL) @ .02
3. Dominique Cornu (BEL) @ .03
4. Maarten Wynants (BEL) @ .08
5. Tom Boonen (BEL) @ .08