Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Litespeed has long been known for its titanium frames. Before the days when carbon fiber took over the pro peloton, Litespeed frames could be found under many top level racers. These days, Litespeed is still making renowned frames with many different models. The latest frame from the Tennessee-based brand is called Watia, and it’s made to hit the gravel travels
Watia features the same 3AL/2.5V titanium tubing found on other Litespeed titanium bikes. To fine tune the ride qualities, Litespeed has cold-worked each tube, providing stiffness or additional flex for comfort in different parts of the frame. Litespeed says the bike is designed to have road bike like responsiveness, and utilizes the natural properties of titanium to help smooth out road chatter. A size medium frame weighs in at a claimed 1,565 grams.
The frame, which comes in sizes small through extra large, with plans for extra small later, can clear up to 700x45mm or 650x53mm tires, offering plenty of clearance for most any route. And for big rides, each frame features three water bottle mounts for plenty of hydration. There are extra options available as well—rack mounts, top tube storage mounts and a Litespeed carbon gravel fork with rack mounts—so you can outfit this bike for bikepacking and big trips.
Frames cost $2,350 for the externally routed version and jump to $2,649 for internal routing. The premier build with GRX Di2 costs $5,425. And the most entry level build with GRX 400 mechanical will set you back $3,500—which is a pretty good price for a titanium bike from a brand with as much experience and know-how as Litespeed. Additionally, there are upgrade options for a titanium seat post for $295 and a T47 threaded bottom bracket.
We’re getting a Watia in to the Peloton Service Course for a review soon. Stay tuned!
Builds and Pricing
Internally Routed Frame:
- Frame Only — $2,649
- Shimano GRX 400 + Sun Ringle Charger Comp Wheels — $3,800
- Shimano GRX 600 1X + Sun Ringle Charger Comp Wheels — $4,249
- Shimano GRX 600 2X + Sun Ringle Charger Comp Wheels — $4,299
- Shimano GRX 810 1X + Sun Ringle Charger Comp Wheels — $4,674
- Shimano GRX 810 2X + Sun Ringle Charger Comp Wheels — $4,749
- Shimano GRX 810 Di2 1X + Sun Ringle Charger Comp Wheels — $5,350
- Shimano GRX 810 Di2 2X + Sun Ringle Charger Comp Wheels — $5,425
- Frame Only $2,350
- Shimano GRX 400 + Sun Ringle Charger Comp Wheels $3,500
- Shimano GRX 600 1X + Sun Ringle Charger Comp Wheels $3,950
- Shimano GRX 600 2X + Sun Ringle Charger Comp Wheels $4,000
- Shimano GRX 810 1X + Sun Ringle Charger Comp Wheels $4,374
- Shimano GRX 810 2X + Sun Ringle Charger Comp Wheels $4,449
- Litespeed Carbon Gravel Fork with Fender Mounts – $445
- Litespeed Carbon Gravel Fork with Rack & Fender Mounts – $490
- Etched Finish – Free
- Titanium Seatpost Upgrade – $295
- Add Rack Mounts — $95
- Add Top Tube Storage Mounts — $55
More info: litespeed.com